Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Finds for October

My new addition to my small but growing collection of books:



Tales by Edgar Allan Poe

"Tales" is as the title implies a collection of Tales or short stories by Edgar Allan Poe himself.

I have always been a huge admirer of Edgar Allan Poe, although more known for his poetry "Annabel Lee" and "A Dream within a Dream" which is my favorite, I am as excited to get hold of this copy of Mr. Poe's short stories or tales. Having heard the grim and gloomy content of this literary master's works, this copy will prove to be an amazing experience for a literary glutton like myself.







"Thus Spake Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietzsche


Is supposedly the most personal work of the philosopher. Having read his "Beyond Good and Evil" a few years back, I am familiar with his direct way of pointing out his views on certain matters.

I am currently in the first part of the book and so far I am curious about this Zarathustra character which somehow reminds me of "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran. What makes this particular book more endearing is the fact that it has this old bookshelf smell which to my own mind takes me to a coccoon like place of comfort and isolation reminiscent of public libraries with wooden shelves. Hmmmm my love for old books >.<




Tara Road by Maeve Binchy

Well from the cover itself, "Tara Road" is an Oprah Book Club choice. My friends have been referring Maeve Binchy for the longest timeso I decided to give it a shot, considering the good reviews about the book.












The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I am not sure whether this copy is the full version as I have just finished reading this book this afternoon, but this has got to be the best book I've ever read by far. I'm still reeling from the whole experience. If mood and time permits i will write a separate review about the book. I just love this book!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs bark, Birds chirp, humans talk while some upgraded versions resort to typing. Now here's a wonderful spot to speak your mind ;)